Remember my post a short time back about this metal school desk I found a few weekends ago?
Well I finally got around to finishing it.
It took me a while because shortly after I started it I came down with the flu, and then strep, and then strep again. But here she is and she's up for grabs.
I started by removing the top and sanding down the bottom to achieve a smooth surface to work with. I spray painted the bottom with Rust-Oleum Charcoal spray paint and then I marked off the middle section with a herringbone pattern, and did an awful lot of taping and painting using a homemade chalk paint recipe. I used a spay lacquer to finish the bottom off.
I discovered quickly that the top was just a piece of MDF that was covered in a faux wood veneer so I decided the easiest thing to do would be to paint it with chalk paint. Since I used white and wax has a tendency to stain white paint I topped it off with three coats of Polycrylic.
Live, Laugh, Rowe
House of Hepworths
Simple Home Life
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Design, Dining & Diapers
Miss Mustard Seed
If It's Not Baroque
Parlo & Logi