As you can see it was pretty worn, but the only thing that was really wrong with it was that the back needed to be tightened up and a slat was missing. I filled the hole from the missing slat using DAP Plastic Wood and applied epoxy to the seat where the wood was showing signs of delaminating.
I had a real hard time deciding on what color to paint this chair because just about any color would have looked great. After looking through my Reflections on Sweedish Interiors book I found my inspiration piece.
I started with a coat of Miss Mustard Seed's Grain Sack Milk Paint then applied two coats of a lightened mix of MMS Mustard Seed and Ironstone Milk Paint. Since the finish was so worn I used a Vaseline resist technique to achieve the worn look. I really hate this technique and can't wait to see if the wax puck works better.
Here's one spot where the finish had not worn off. The chipping looks so much more natural here.
And here is a close up of the spot I repaired with the plastic wood.